1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about plows

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lowrider57, Sep 2, 2010.

1. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

I bought an old western plow couple yrs ago and plow still working great question I have is,the plow and truck frame were for my Dodge 98 can I buy another truck frame and still use the plow with the new frame. I left the Dodge on the street and the village towed it and it's not worth paying the charges so I want to buy an older Ford and use the plow on that truck.
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

You will need a truck side frame mount for the plow
  3. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Thank you, so it doesn't matter what kind of truck just have to buy the frame that attaches to the truck I buy right?
  4. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

You'll also need to buy the wiring for whichever truck you buy, as those are vehicle specific as well. But in answer to your question...Yes, the plow will go on any brand of truck, as long as you can get the mount & wiring for it.
  5. lowrider57

lowrider57 Member

Thank you very much!