1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about plowing with a 2006 silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 9chevy5, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 9chevy5

9chevy5 Junior Member

i just bought an 06 silverado 1500 with a 4.8L in it. my intentions were to put a plow on it and make some money this winter. but someone told me after buying the truck that they dont make a plow to fit it because the frame rails in the front are different than if it were to have a 5.3. i had pushplates for a minute mount set up off a 2000 silverado and they would not fit my front rails. is there anyone out there that makes a plow for my truck that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or is anyone selling one that would fit? any help would be good. thanks everyone.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Fischer shows plows available for your truck. I'm sure most others do also.

3. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Frames changed between 02 and 03, it doesn't anything to do with your engine. If you go to fishers site there is a different mount part number, 7168 for 03-06.

4. jkski

jkski Member