1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about plow size

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Letissnow, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

Do you guys think a 9'6" fisher ez-v is to big for a 2500hd. Im pretty sure that is the plow I am buying, but wanted to know what you guys think. It weighs about 50 or 60 lbs less than the blizzard 810, so it should be fine. Right? Not to mention the sweet deal, $4250 w/out installation. Gonna install it myself.

2. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I would personally go with there 8.5' V for that truck. If it was a dually then the 9.5'V would be ok.

3. DIESEL PLOWGUY

DIESEL PLOWGUY Member

Thats a big plow. But if you feel you need the size of it go for it. I would suggest you get some timbrens for the front and crank the torsion bars up some. I have seen many chevy 2500HD with 9.2 v plows or 9.6 Western, Fisher and Hiniker plows on them. They carry the weight fine and dont sag in the front if you crank up torsion bars and put timbrens in. I would not suggest a plow that large without timbrens though. Hope that helps you. Also is ur truck gas or diesel if its diesel in wouldnt go that route. Just my thoughts though.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

4250 with out install :gunsfiring:

5. Letissnow

Letissnow Junior Member

Not a diesel, 6.0 v8 I'm probably going to throw a set of timbrens on their.
    I figure people are throwing the bliz810 on 2500's why not 96 ezv, weighs less. Is my logic wrong?