1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about plow kits

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lt7406, May 22, 2004.

1. lt7406

lt7406 Junior Member
    from ma

i purchased an 1985 ford f250 off of my old boss 2yrs ago that has a fisher speedcast i belive 8ft on it of that same year...my only experience is with a few family driveways and a restaurant that i worked at..i recently picke up a 95 gmc yukon sle 4dr 4x4 and would like to transfer the plow from the ford to the gmc...how hard would it be???a guy i work with has been welding for over 20yrs and most of that time at the boat yards so fabrication wont be the problem..but will the plow mount and pump actually fit in the truck???? keep in mind this will not be used commercially..maybe 10 driveways tops and one good size parking lot...
  2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

LT............You will need a new "push bar" (mounts on frame)for the GMC. The Ford one will not fit as is. But you bud could use it and re-fab it to fit the GMC. Fisher sells one but spendy at about $500 bucks or so.

You also will need a pump mount bracket and a double pulley
    (goes on alternator to run pump). Might be able to score one
    at a Fisher dealer.

The wiring will be pretty straight forward tho.......................

My bud swapped his Fisher from a F-250 to a GM 2500 last
    year. He had the dealer do it tho.............

Good luck and welcome to PS !.......................geo
    Last edited: May 22, 2004
  3. lt7406

lt7406 Junior Member
    from ma

wiring is the easy part..im MECP certified installer...the pump already has a double pulley on it at...ill probally buy the bracket..how difficult do you think it would be to fab the mount to the new chassis
  4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

IT..........Not sure on that one. But if your bud is good at fabbing
    it should be No problem.
    Too bad you didn't know somebody with a GM 2500 Fisher set-up so you could eyeball and measure their pushbar for reference.

Or you could search around for a used Fisher mount. I am sure
    a few guys here from Maine could turn ya to a Fisher parts graveyard then maybe trade your old mount or get spendy and buy a new one..........
    Heck... let your bud take a shot at it first !
    Last edited: May 23, 2004
  5. tuna

tuna Senior Member

95 Yukon is a half ton,that 8 footer is to much for that truck.Find a 7.5 footer for it .