1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about MVP

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by StathemLawncare, Sep 11, 2006.

1. StathemLawncare

StathemLawncare Member

I have a 2003 MVP and would like to see if the cutting edge on the MVP Plus will fit my MVP. Would like to do away with the rubber center. It wears faster than the edge does.

2. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

Try a ploar edge they last 2x steel at least!

3. MetroTurf

MetroTurf Junior Member

I am also curious if they will fit the older plows. I am tired of replacing the center strip.

4. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Here is a response that I posted on another thread of the same topic:

I haven't really looked into it, but at first glance, it appears to me that they have replaced the rubber middle with two steel angle pieces. I may be wrong, but I think the only change necessary is to drill a new hole on each side and bolt on the new cutting edge center. If this is true, you will probable have to replace your main cutting edge as they would be shorter (you could probably just cut your originals, if there not too worn).

Again, this could be way off base, but, on the other hand, I may be correct...LOL. Hopefully, someone will come on here and set it straight.

You can take a look at the instructions to install the new 4 piece cutting edge here: http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/29665.00_031507.pdf

It looks like it's a pretty good possibility.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007