1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about mounts for an mvp

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by blaryslawn, Feb 14, 2010.

1. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

will an ultra mount mvp v plow fit on an ultra mount set up on a truck for a straight blade? also is there any difference in the wiring on the truck or just the controller?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

The mounts are the same for any Ultra mount plow. Obviously, they're specific to the vehicle. Assuming you are talking about an MVP, and not an MVP Plus, the truck side wiring is all the same except for the vehicle control harness.

3. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

yeah i have a couple trucks set up with the ultra mounts.... just wondering in case I came across an mvp... is there a difference with the mvp and mvp plus???

4. cubicinches

Yes.

MVP Plus uses the newer multiplex wiring. Different animal for the most part.

5. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

oo nice to know... so the way my trucks are wired, I could just hook up and go with the mvp and not the mvp plus?

6. cubicinches

Are you wired for an MVP?

7. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

to be honest with you, Im not sure... I have the 3 plug wiring with the isolation module...

8. cubicinches

But you're currently using a straight blade?

9. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

yes........

10. cubicinches

Then you're most likely only wired for a straight blade. If you use the control harness (#1 position on the isolation module) for an MVP, then you can run an MVP and you can get an adapter to allow a straight blade control to be plugged in allowing you to use a straight blade as well. You'll need both controllers... straight blade and MVP. The connector where the control plugs in in the cab of the truck is round with 10 pins on an MVP harness and rectangular with six pins on a straight blade harness.

11. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

ok so I would need a contoller wire to run from the isolation module to the cab of the truck... Id just have two plugs inside the truck and could use either plow?

12. cubicinches

No, the MVP harness would take the place of the existing harness, and would run the MVP using the MVP controller. Then, you can use an adapter to plug a straight blade controller into the MVP harness, allowing you to run a straight blade. Only one plug in the cab.

The control harness goes from the cab, to the isolation module, to the battery relay, and out to the plow.

13. blaryslawn

blaryslawn Member

got ya.... any idea how much that harness runs with the adapter?

14. cubicinches

The control harness is a 26346. About $250.00 or so.

The adapter is a 66760. $50.00 - $60.00.

Depending on where you buy the stuff.