1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about mounting a spreader...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sawbones25, Nov 14, 2005.

1. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I bought a 1.5 cubic yard V-box spreader and I'm going to pick it up next week.
    My truck has one of those hard plastic bedliners in it.
    Should I remove the bedliner? or load the spreader on top of it?
  2. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

remove it salt will get trapped under there and you won't have a bed anymore come spring.
  3. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Throw out the plastic liner and get a Line-X spray on bed liner. You'll be surprised to see what the plastic liner did to the bed when you take it out. They vibrate and scrape the paint right off.
  4. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Agreed :nod: Plastic bedliners are just a quick buck for dealer or whoever. payup Everytime I drive through the local Dodge dealer's parking lot I see a stack of them. It makes me laugh.:rolleyes:
  5. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Line X

I had a line x bed liner put in my truck. I have had the plastic liner and rubber mat in truck before. I was very pleased with the line x material. Also the dealer here in Akron did a real nice job in installing it. He ask me were I want the liner. To end on top or rail or below? He took apart the tailgate and sprayed. I can now take the tailgate apart when the latch fails. He took off the tiedowns and then reinstalled them. A much better job than the other trucks our family has had sprayed.

I cant say enough good about this Akron dealer and most of all his installers have talent!

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We also had one truck done with a spray-on liner and it is absolutely fantastic! It ran us $450 for an under-the-rail complete install (spray-on), how does that price compare to what you guys pay?
  7. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I was quoted a price of $350 for over the rail. But that was about two years ago.
  8. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

What ever you get, make sure it goes over the rail!
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We had diamond plate rails on the truck so we had the under rail liner done. In retrospect, we should have had the over the rail done and then put the diamond plate rails on top of the spray on liner. Live and learn... :nod: