1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about mounting a Classic style PLow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bigc1301, Dec 22, 2010.

1. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Can you get a tube style frame for a 2005 ford f-250. Been looking everywhere i can but I cant find it. I have theplow and tubes just wondering if i can get the truck side?

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

last I knew they didn't make a mount for any superduty ford after 2004... unless you went with the new mounting system. so you will probably have to get an older mount and do so fab work to make it fit.. or expect to spend big $$ to covert it to the new style mounting system (easy plus? i think)

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

The 17112 and 17113 (X spring code) EZ Classic mounts will work on the later Superduty , although I would reccommend finding a used setup as you will need to modify the brackets where the bars mount to the rear part of the frame . A new kit is just too damned expensive to hack on.

You could also modify the truck mounting points for the blocker beam (cut them off) although I highly discourage this as once cut off the blocker beam cannot be reinstalled if you ever remove the plow. If you choose to go this route the early frame will fit with no problems.

I think there was a 17112 in the classifieds a while back.

The 17112 will have the attachment point higher when mounted on the truck than the 17113 as the 17113 was intended for "X" spring code F250's and 350's as well as the F450 , etc... which naturally sat higher due to the heavier springs.

HTH

TOM

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Thanks guys thats what i thought just trying to help a friend out