1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about maybe modding the Atomic led's ?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Maleko, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

After looking at the Atomic led clearance lights,I had a thought..

I love how bright they seem to be when they are flashing, When the actual running light are on and flashing they don't seem to noticeable to me at least ..

Do you think there is a way , lets say its night time and you have just your normal lights on and you want to switch on the flashing patterns . The running lights turn off and the lights still flash so you will get maximum effect? Turn off the flashing patterns and bam the running light are back on?

This is what i would like to do.

Thought?

2. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

should be simple with a relay but im not sure how the atomics are wired so im just guessing...

assuming there are 2 power feeds 1 for steady and one for flash if you could get an spdt relay you would wire your steady feed to the 87a terminal and your flash feed to 87 when the relay is energized it would kill power from your source to the steady and put it to the flash.

3. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

I have Atomics on my 08 PW,

They are normal running light until I flip the switch and then they are only strobes (running light off).

I would call them up, if its the older controller you will need a relay, or you can get the new controller than has this function built in like mine (Whelen made a special controller for them if I remember correctly)

4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

my07brute,

Thanks for the input.
    So maybe i don't have to mod them?
    If the running light turn off when i want them to flash, then I'm good to go.
    Is this the way it came, or did you wire it to do that?

Thanks. Any chance u have a vid of them?

Maleko

5. My07Brute

My07Brute Senior Member

No mods or re-wiring, its all done in the their controller now

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Awesome. THANK YOU....