1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about magnetic mounts

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 09Daxman, Oct 31, 2012.

1. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

I have a 09 chevy Dmax CCSB that I think im finally putting a fisher plow on and I started to look into some stuff to light up my truck while im plowing. I was thinking about getting the Able 2 from Strobes N' More and I was just wondering if the magnetic mount scratch up the paint at all? I only have about 3-4 inches of room from my trucks roof and the garage frame. So I think I will have to remove the light when im not plowing but I dont wanna scratch or dent my roof and paint. I was also going to get a BackUpBuddy also to light up the way when im in reverse. I thought about a BackRack but I dont know how far up that sticks with the light on top. Then I was thinking about getting strobes for all 4 corners in stead but I would rather not drill holes in my lights just in case one leaks and I have to replace the assembly, im sure they arent cheap. Thanks for your help

Jeff

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You can buy a rubber boot for each magnet, they're like $2 or something like that and it will prevent it from scratching the paint.

3. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

Awesome, who sells them?

4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

5. 09Daxman

09Daxman Senior Member

Thank you for the website. I will be ordering from them next week I think.

6. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I'mm running the same light on my truck, really havent had an issue with it scratching. But i dont take mine off and on alot either!