1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Location to buy and price of fisher 8'6 XVPC

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by andrewglass25, Feb 18, 2010.

1. andrewglass25

andrewglass25 Junior Member

Quick fill in on my situation. My father sold me his 2006 f-250 when he bought a new one. he had a Fisher 8'6 XV PC on it. He left all the wiring/framing hook ups and everything on my truck but took the plow to his truck. I'm looking to buy the plow only as I have everything else already. I got a price from the ford dealership we deal with and just for the plow only it was 6,500 bucks. I figured that was a bit high so I'm wondering if anyone knows what kind of ball park range that plow ONLY should be in or if someone can maybe link me to a good place to order it. I'm in Maryland if that helps also.

Also I was thinking maybe snow plows could be marked up a bit now due to the winter storms and such I'd like to get one on this winter while we may have a storm or 2 left but if it's best to wait I can certianly do that.

thanks for all the help.

2. andrewglass25

Also I saw say the ordered a plow from Quality Truck & Equipment for 4,600 which was 5000 shipped. I didn't think that was to bad but when I searched for the website I came up with www.4qte.com and it was like 7500 on there now...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your seeing the full list price, and that would also be for a complete setup.

Plow side only should run you around $4400-$4800 or so plus tax or shipping depending on whom you purchase from.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I was qouted $3800 for a painted 8.5' and $4100 for ss at Lang's in Rye, NH.

5. andrewglass25

That's not bad, I had another question if maybe someone could answer to. I had planned on lifting my truck maybe a 6 inch or 8 inch kit with some bigger tires. I could still use the snow plow with the 6 inch but most likely not with a 8.. correct?

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes, you may have to have brackets made up for the plow. Plus it'll be hard to see the plow when your plowing.

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's a really good price. I'm going to have to check them out when I look for my new 8.6' SS X Blade.

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Lancaster isn't far at all. Keep in mind those are cash and carry prices, but it's still a good price in my book.

9. andrewglass25

Those prices are amazing, problem is I'm a few states away and it doesn't look like they deliever :(. I have a few more places I can try to check in maryland.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

They will ship it to you...but I think by the time New Penn gets it to your door the price will be equivalent to your local dealer...even with their discount shipping rates.

11. andrewglass25

8.6 XTV mild steel $3830.00 + Freight of $420.00 = $4250.00

8.6 XTV Stainless Steel $4319.00 + Freight of $420.00 = $4739.00

Amazing response time, I emailed them late last night and they emailed me back+ called me this morning. I'm still waiting for about 5 places in my area I'll call if i don't hear anything but my only price so far from here in maryland was 6,500.

Honestly I won't use the plow a whole lot so I don't want to spend 6,500 on it and I would buy one used if needed but I would like to keep it under 4k if I can

12. DeereFarmer

Totally worth the ride. Luckily I have cash lol.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Not bad at all. It's alot less then what I thought it would be for shipping. Try this guy http://maine.craigslist.org/pts/1612060109.html, he may have what your looking for in the used variety. If you happen to strike a deal with him and he refuses to ship it; I'll get it to the terminal and put it on a pallet for ya.

Wise ass :D

14. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I bought my 8 1/2' Fisher XtremeV MS from Quality Truck and Equipment [I found them on ebay]on 12/29/09 for $4200[$4692 shipped with everything,mount,wiring,plow, and backdrag edge,rubber deflector,except oil.I received it in 5 days right to my house[driver wheeled it right into my garage on 2 pallets].I put it together myself in 4 hours.I didn't need the truck mount because I already had it from my old plow.They would have took $250 off but,I got a mount for my friend's truck, that I sold my old plow too.

15. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I noticed you want to put a lift on your truck.I have a 99' F-250 Superduty with a 2 1/2" leveling kit and 285/75/16 tires.With all the adjustments ,I just got the T-Frame to sit level but, anymore lift and I would need to change something to get the T-frame level again otherwise the cutting edges will wear uneven and plow won't contact the ground evenly in Vee or scoop.

16. andrewglass25

Thanks I'll look at that, One of the places within 40 miles of my home will sell me the plow only for 4,100. not to bad I don't think and it would be nice dealing closer to home. So far my qoutes within 50 miles have been 6,500:realmad:,5,500(they emailed me with the SS price so I can assume the PC price is about 500-700 cheaper, and 4,100.

17. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

If you can buy it for that locally,thats where I'd get it.When I bought mine the local dealers wanted $5100 plus tax for an 8 1/2' XV MS.I paid $4200 [mount,plow,wiring]plus $165 shipping from Quality Truck and Equipment.I'd also buy the snow deflector for sure and the backdrag edge.

18. DeereFarmer

I was going to say that I'm strong enough to carry it too, but I figured that was pushing itwesportpayup:D