1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Last Year's (2004-2005) Snow Fall

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MisterIceMan, Nov 7, 2005.

1. MisterIceMan

MisterIceMan Junior Member

Hello All,

I live in Northeastern Massachusetts. I am thinking about getting a plow truck for this winter. I was wondering if any of you could direct me to a site or provide me with data for snow fall for last winter. Something like this :

December 13-14, 2004 - 9 inches
    December 29, 2004 - 4 inches
    January 5,2005 - 13 inches
    March 22, 2005 - 15 inches

I want to run some numbers and develop a few estimates on how much plowing possible clients would need. I realize that specific dates and numbers from last year's snow fall will not have any effect whatsoever on this year's precipitation, but the data would really help me develop my strategy. Thanks in advance.

2. westwind

westwind Member

National Weather Service has past climate data for your area.

3. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

where in mass are you??

4. MisterIceMan

MisterIceMan Junior Member

I'm in Methuen.

5. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Don't make your decision on last years snow! We had an exceptional year last year--Base it on an average--like 3 or 4 years-- if you are doing this for how much to charge(inch breakdown) there are numorous threads that discuss this with real good info. Last year one of my trucks went out over twenty times for a municpality the year before it only went out three times for the same town!

Have fun and pray for snow!:redbounce

6. Snow-B-Gone

Snow-B-Gone Junior Member
    from Maine

I just sent out a letter to all my customers explaing my price increase.......so I included a little info in it also.

I have been keeping records for the last five years and here is what has happened up here in central Maine:

Year # of Plowable Storms

00-01....................12

01-02....................9

02-03....................8

03-04....................6

04-05....................13

So over the past five plowing seasons we've had an average of 9.6 plowable storms.:sleeping:

For whatever good.....this is the figures I came up with.

7. CRJCaptain

CRJCaptain Junior Member