1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about how much snow to write in contract

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Itsdoubletime, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

I am new to the industry and just got offered to do 10 residential property's my question is what is the norm for plowing snow depth is it usually anything two inches and above one inch and above or what would be a good way to offer or should I ask them what they are looking for
  2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I would ask them what they are looking for. There is no real norm in this industry. In my area I would say that most residential customers are fine with a 2 inch trigger. With that being said we do have a few that are zero tolerance and a few that want it plowed ever 4 inches or when they call.

The best bet is to just ask them what their expectations are and go from there.