1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about HDS

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by blksheep, Feb 3, 2010.

1. blksheep

blksheep Junior Member

Hello all,

I just purchased a snowsport hd plow and haven't used it yet, hopefully this weekend in NJ. My question is with all the bad reviews for the hold down strap i was ging to use ratcheting straps butI am not quite sure where to put them. Any Ideas?

2. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Hey,I use a ratchet strap that has a hook bolted right to the ratcheting end(I hook this to the transport retainer pin on the inner side of the 2" upright/drivers side)the loose end is then threaded down behind the 2"x4" cross pc/up threw the drivers side u-shaped blade guide/across and down threw the passengers side u-shaped blade guide/bring it up on the back side of the 2"x4" cross pc(passerger side)and connect it to the passenger side transport retainer pin(keyhole pin)/This is done while the blade is in the tipped back(backing-up)postion.Tighten up the slack with the ratchet winch and your good to go.Hope this helps.