1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about harness

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by THEGOLDPRO, May 15, 2007.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

hey guys quick question, i have a sno pro 3000 with the plug that is not square its angled on one side, im lookin to buy a bigger curtis sno por 3000 with a diffrent plug this one has a square plug, and smallroundish plig with two connectors, is it possible to interchange these plugs, and make it work on my truck harness???
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

sorry bro but these single formed plugs are no longer made ,or replacements.they have gone to double plug design you have to change both plow and truck sides on the single plug model,we sell curtis plows and when they signed us up they stuck us with the older plug model and no way of getting replacement single plug harnesses or repair plugs.sorry!::confused:
  3. dbreault

dbreault Member

We do have a "splice" kit available. I think I have maybe sold one. There are so many connections that most installers would just prefer to swap out the whole harness to maintain reliability.

Thanks. ;)

i see thanks for the help guys, ill call my curtis dealer tomorrow and see what he thinks, hopefully he can help me out.
  5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

the goldpro, what did you ever find out on the harness?

well apparently they were having problems with the single plug (like i have) from not staying connected, and stuff, so they switched to the diffrent plug system, he says its a couple hundred bucks and mine can be converted ot the new plug style.
  7. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

New Plug

I changed mine over last year to the new double plug and have had a much better time of it! I was having trouble getting the old plugs to connect and stay connected, no problems so far on double plug. Also, its true what they say about keep putting dielectric grease on the connectors, keeps them from corroding
  8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

you got it right man, do it or it will die a green death.
  9. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

defective parts

Fisher, Western, Meyer would have issued a recall and replaced defective parts - not charge for them.

I have the new one .... hahe haha..
  10. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf Member

The new wiring couplers suck just as bad or worse....cant tell you how many of those plastic pins I went through last year at 7 bux for five of them.
  11. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I haven't even used this unit yet and I have a hard time getting them to lock-in and stay.
    i wonder if fisher has a paten on their connectors - unit on last vehicle 11 years and not one problem.