1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about fluid film

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by OneBadDodge06, Sep 18, 2007.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I was thinking about sanding down my old tractor parts this winter and painting them in the summer since it will be too cold to shoot paint. One problem tho is that bare metal is prone to rust.

If I put a coat of Fluid Film over the parts will that make it impossible to paint in the spring? Like create bubbling or make it so the paint won't stick? I'm kinda picky on this since I'm using high dollar DuPont automotive paint. Thanks.:salute:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

You are just going to want to remove the Fluid Film before painting. A mild solvent like mineral spirits, or a good biodegradable cleaner will take it right off. Otherwise, you are right, the paint won't stick.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks Dano

I wasn't sure if mineral spirits would remove the fluid film completely but it sounds like it'll work just fine. :salute: