1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Fisher MM1

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Merc1100sc, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Hello all:

I have a Fisher MM1 - 2 plug style - pump and lifting ram are one.
    I want to install on a 2003 silverado 1500.
    i'd like to use the E-forece iso module which I know is a 3 plug setup.
    Cananyone tell me what parts I need to make this work.. maybe some prices if they know them..
    ALso, are the push plates the same for a 2003 as they are for a 2001.. I may have access to a used set. thanks

2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

The dealer I bought my used MM1 from said there was a way to convert the Solenoid EHP to the 3 plug wiring set up. We didn't go into it very deep since the used set up I purchased is a very late MM1 and therefore has the same Insta-act hydraulics and the E-force system as the MM2's. Basically the only thing I don't have that is on the MM2 is the single lever for the pins.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

You need new mounts,$350(not the same as 01')and the electrical side will run roughly between$500-$700 depending on some misc. battery cables/solenoid and other small pieces you may or maynot have from the old plow to use again.

4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Thanks For The Info..

I Did Call One Dealer Who Advised I Would Have To Buy New Headlights And Another Who Advised That I Could Rewire The Headlights With A New Harness For $125. How Much Are The New Headlights, And, Would It Be Beneficial For Me To Buy The New Ones For Sake Of Ease And Resell The Old Ones.. If So, How Much Would They Be Worth.. Also.. How Much Is A New Fish-stik?

Thanks

5. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

it can be done

i did the conversion(2 to 3 wire) for my 01 hd.i dont know if the 01 to 03 frame plates will work but i know the under hood wiring,module and misc battery cables cost me about 600 bucks,that was with a discount.the wiring kit came with new harnesses for the headlights as well as all new under hood wiring..it came with no controller but i had a fish stick so keep that in mind as you may need to buy a controller.good luck

6. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Massbowtie - so $600 just for the electrics to swap over to 3 plugs. You still have the SEHP hydraulics (integral pump and lift cylinder)?

If so this makes me even happier with the deal I got on mine. :bluebounc

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I've noticed a lot of conversation regarding the SEHP pump setup vs the Insta-act.. Is the Insta-act really that much better as far as the pump goes? I dont recall hearing many failures w/ the SEHP.

8. Arc Burn

SEHP is a good reliable pump,don't sweat it.New headlights are around $170 so buy those and sell the old ones to recoup some of the cost,a new Fishstick is around $230,you can find them on E-bay all the time but be warned,a new PC board is 3/4 the cost of a new Fishstick if you get a bad one.

9. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

sO, $170 for the new headlights vs. $125 for the harness to convert mine to a 3 plug setup.. Prob a lot less headaches going w/ the new headlights I would think. How much are the old headlights worth?

10. Arc Burn

$50-$100 depending on condition probably,if it needs a repair end for the plug if its loose or sloppy someone will drop another $45 into it,know what i'm sayin?

11. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Theyre in excellent condition. So is the plug if I remember correctly..
    Thanks for the input...

12. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

According to Massbowtie the harness package he bought included the headlight harness. I just went out and looked at my setup and the 3 plugs are lights, control, and pump power. So, it seems that you will need more than just a light harness to convert this.

As far as SEHP vs. Insta-act - I think the Insta Act is a little quicker than the SEHP's I have used. Basically I think it was an upgrade. I wouldn't avoid an SEHP unit I am just glad that mine has the newer technology and that I (hopefully) won't have to go through what your going through now if I want to trade trucks in a few years and keep my current plow.

13. Arc Burn

Unless the dealer threw it in,you'll have to buy the headlights or the harness,it's not included in the kit,a light controll harness is included but thats part of the truck side mount.
    As far as needing more,i'm under the assumption he realizes he's paying $500-$700 roughly for the electric kit as well as choosing a light harness or new lights.

14. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Arcburn,

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go w/ the new headlights. I hear its easier to rewire the harness going to the pump than it is the headlights. HOwver, do the new headlights come w/ a new harness for the plow functions, or do I have to buy this separate?

15. Arc Burn

the controll harness(plowside and truckside) will be seperate from the light kit.

16. Arc Burn

The harness at the pump gets plugged into coils,no hacking involved,the headlight harness will just take a little more time as opposed to mounting new headlights and being done.

17. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Thanks for all the info here guys. I did end up going w/ the new lights and new harness for plow functions. It was an easy swap. Now, I'll prob list the old lights on here for sale. I guess I'll ask $75 for them. I hope that seems fair.. They are in great shape as in the harness..

Hey ARC,
    What was the last year fisher offered the MM1?

18. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think they were phased in through 2002 or so. I bought a 2002 2500 HD for the Fire Department and it had an MM1. A friend of mine bought an identical truck for his business a couple of months later and it has an MM2. As I said earlier my plow is a late (2001 or 2002) MM1 with the Insta Act hydro's and the 3 plug system just like an MM2. Knowing how Fisher operates they probably made the new hydro pacs and wiring kits compatible with the MM1 so their (and their dealer's) left over MM1 kits would not be obsolete.