1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about F-250 Need Opinions

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Keith_480231, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Ok here it goes. I have a '91 F-250 4x4 5.8L 4spdw/od. My question is that the truck is pretty well rusted out and I am trying to make a decision if I should just "scrap" the truck for cash or does anyone think that there is any want for parts from this year truck. Just trying to figure out if I could be farther ahead trying to "part out" the truck or... I just went out to the truck and got the codes off the manuf. sticker:
    Trans code "N"
    Axle code "C9"
    Spring code "74F"

It appears that both driver/passenger doors are good,interior is in good shape, front fenders,bumpers, etc.Just trying to get as much as I can out of the truck and looking for a honest opinion.

2. toyman

toyman Senior Member

Check out similar parts on eBay. That will probably get you the most money and the most attention for the parts. Ebay gets out to a ton of people.

Toyman

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try running an ad in the local news paper's parts section. I used a Ranger's engine and trans in another truck. After running the ad I almost got my money back on the doner Ranger. Keep in mind the steel price is up there too. You may get $350+ just for the weight of the truck for scrap. Around here there is 20 guys that will give you cash and tow it away. If the truck runs and drives someone may want it to wheel the back 40 to haul fire wood.

4. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys appreciate it!:waving: