1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about cutting edges

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I was wondering if it is possible to install the newer MVP Plus cutting edge on an older MVP Unimount plow? Anybody know if I can do some fabricating or something? I like the design of the new cutting edge a lot better.
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

well will it work? besides the holes, will the center work?
  4. 7879fordplower

7879fordplower Member

Also on the MVP's why do the trip edge brackets go all the way down to the ground too, just like the cutting edge. Or is mine just wore out and need to change it, I just bought it this winter. The guy I got it from said he only used it 7 or 8 times and the rest of the plow condtion supports that claim. Thanks and I hope I didn't step on anybodys toes posting this here.
  5. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I'm no authority on western plows, but I would have to say that it could be done if you are creative/ingenuitive. With some metal, welder and torches a creative person can build some amazing things. I put the newer, thicker cutting edges on my older boss V plow and I had to do some modification, but that work well and look factory installed.
  6. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

On my 04 MVP Ultramount the new cutting edges are 6" tall (New).
    The trip edge brackets do appear to be pretty low.... But maybe you should measure your cutting edge to see how much is worn off first.

By the way I would also like to know it the newer style cutting edge can be modified to fit the older ones.
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the help. I will have to look into these more indepth. Like I said I like the new design of the MVP Plus cutting edge. I don't really like the center rubber flap on the older models.

HERCULESTRUCK Junior Member
    from PA

We have available new style cutting edges to fit the old mvp for the same price made of 1/2" thick t-1 abrasion resistant wear plate. herculestruck@aol.com
  9. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Brant, check out kraussnowplow.com. It's a very simple site, but there phane # is there. Call him up, as he has been ery helpful to us before. He hooked us up with the newer style edges for an old Boss V we have, & it worked out perfectly. It may be like an hour ride for you, but at least it's a nice scenic ride!