1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question About Cutting Edge Replacement?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JPMAKO, Jan 14, 2005.

1. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I have a Meyers Max 7.5' Plow.
    It has a polyurethane moldboard. It is time to replace the cutting edge, but the old one is bent a little along with the botom of the support for the cutting edge. How should I go about straightening this before putting the new edge on. I am afraid to detatch any bolts from the moldboard as I don't know if they will be easy to get back on? But I would assume that I am gonna have too to heat up the support for the edge.
    Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You,
    Jason

2. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Here is a picture

PLOWBENT.jpg

3. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Anybody There?

4. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

cutting edge

You shouldn't have to heat it up to get the edge off. Just spray the with a good penatrateing oil,I use pb blats. When you put the bolts back in it should help to put every thing back in shape.

5. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

The poly is pre bent and will hold its shape when removed. take it off then straiten the frame and then reinstall the poly then the new cutting edge. I have done in on a 8.5 to repair cracks in the frame.

6. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

That is the response I was looking for Thank You
    I was just concerned about it losing it's shape if I took it off.

Jason

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I have a new moldboard hanging on the wall and it came already bowed.