1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about "cargo" lights???

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by NickT, Sep 4, 2011.

1. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I have a 04 Silverado that has 2 white lights on each side of the 3 rd brake light. Do they make a bulb that strobes or flashes? These lights are on a switch. Wasn't sure if this can be done. Thanks
  2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Yea you should be able to pop those out and put strobes in there or Whelen LED vertex lights which dont need a flasher
  3. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

don't wanna put strobes in there because they lense would melt. You can just add an inline flasher in the wiring so when you click on the cargo lights the flasher will activate and you'll have flashing clears in the back.

It kinda kills your cargo lighting though.
  4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Never thought that the lens would melt.
  5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Thanks for the advise
  6. Schnabel Plowin

Schnabel Plowin Senior Member

What inline flasher would be good?
  7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Wouldn't an LED flasher be cool enough to not melt it?

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

yeah an led flasher would work if you had led's. There is some inline flashers that I can't think of the brand that works pretty well. You could honestly put a regular turn signal flasher on if you'd want a longer "on" to one side than the other. That's how the original head light flashers were...

it's the bulbs that would melt the lense not the flasher. If you put strobes in the fixture that lense would melt. Gets too hot... Kinda like putting a 150 flood light in your refrigerator and leaving the door open!

What can you say I'm OLD SCHOOL!
  9. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

I've seen plenty of strobes in the cargo lamp. Never heard of any of them melting.
  10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

I have an 01 2500 gd with strives for three seasons.......no issue.
  11. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Can you point me in the direction of where to get them,not sure what to ask for