1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about Buyers wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by peteo1, Dec 12, 2013.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm going to be putting a new cutting edge on the plow soon and obviously I'll have to put new edges on the wings too. I was wondering if anyone had ever tried putting poly edges on these? The rubber does a nice job but they chatter a bit when backdragging. I was thinking maybe the poly wouldn't do it so bad.

2. peteo1

Nobody? There's no way I'm the first to think of this

3. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

Mine don't chatter. Must be an angle difference.

Heck, try it. It can't cost much for that little bit of edge.

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I put the yellow urethane on mine its been over 6 years they last a long time

5. peteo1

I figured since we have to do new edges on the XV wings maybe I'd try it on mine. Where's a good place to get urethane or poly by the foot? I'm going to call the local plow dealers but I figured I'd ask.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for the long delay cpw.com for the urethane if your local plow shop is out of stock

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We've done this....works much better than rubber. Get 1in thickness for prowings.

8. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Senior Member

Done it for years. Also use it for my blizzard plow wings