1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about bridgestone duravis tire

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by XxChevy-HDxX, Sep 18, 2010.

1. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

Like i've said im changing tires soon and i was browsing through bridge stone tires and I thought that the Bridgestone Duravis M700HD tires ar pretty beefed up too i've also seen them on the newer Silverado 2500hd's. These are also All Terrains :nod:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? These might be my new tires.

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

nice, i run bfg's but pricey. let me know how these treat you this winter maybe we will try them on a couple of trucks if they work out

3. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

The bridge stones are pricy too i might be also goin with the good year duratrac tires the only thing i dnt like is that i dont know how long they can last they can last up to only a year.

4. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i tried a lot of diff brands in the past thats why i have stuck with the bfg's for the past 6 years. they do very well plowing and seem to last longer than the others i have tried. would like to find something a bit cheaper that would perform and last. but maybe with tires you get what u pay for.

5. morecoffee

morecoffee Junior Member
    from Ohio

For snow plowing I suggest that you only use tires with the mountain - snowflake symbol molded into the tire sidewall. These tires will give you the winter performance you are looking for. The Goodyear Duratrac is mountain - snowflake rated and 18/32 of tread depth (very deep). I admit that I don't know much about the BS tire. I put a link below to a Tire Rack page that show the symbol, in case you're not familiar with it.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=125

Good luck.

6. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

A guy I work with just put the Duratracs on his 2500. He said it was all over the road so he checked the pressure and it was at 32 psi. He put more air in, I think he went to 36 or so, and it is fine now. I really think that will be my next tire.

7. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Thats wicked low tire pressure for a 2500. Add another 14psi.

8. XxChevy-HDxX

from Mass

Yeah that is low my truck got 80 in back and 60 in front. And duratracs are beast... but how long can the last??

9. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I agree guys! I wonder how long they will last as well. It probably won't be until next spring, but I'll bite the bullet and give them a try. Maybe by then there will be some updated reviews with some milage on them.

10. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Like I sometimes tell guys who rag on newbies here---they might be new here but that doesn't mean squat,they just might know more or have more access of things than you.Case in point right here.Good bathroom read.;) and welcome.