1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about blade change

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pushin, Sep 2, 2008.

1. pushin

pushin Junior Member

HI I am new to the site and hope someone can answer a question for me. I have a 1999 fisher mm1 7.5 and was wondering if I could put a 8ft blade (speedcast or mm) on that headgear? Thanks for the help
  2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

From what I've read, the A-frame on the speedcast has a cross member that gets in the way of the jackstand of the MM1. However, the newer 8' blades (read: same age or newer than yours) should fit right up in place of the 7.5
  3. pushin

pushin Junior Member

so if I understand any mmi or mm2 8 ft blade will fit?
  4. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Back in the day, A-frames & truck-side mounts used to be different from 7.5 to 8' blades, if I recall, but now I believe everything is the same.
  5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sometimes the A-frames were different, but usually the speedcast a-frames can be swapped as well. The three pin points on the blade, center pivot and angling, should be the same. Some A-frames have have the corssbar in the way while others don't.

I have a really clean 1979 blade with original a-frame sitting in my shop along with a SEHP pack. When my EZ-V takes a dump in the middle of a storm I will pin the straight blade and pack on, change the controller and be back plowng.
  6. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

I hated when they ran the different a frames and headgears. Pain in the A$$! I like the universal fit now... atleast from the 7.5 and up.
  7. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

Yes you will need to order a 27597 A-frame and it will adapt the newer M series blades to the MM1 headgear. If you find an older L series 8' plow you will need a 22168 a-frame.