1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about BackPlate

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by STRIKER Qc, Nov 22, 2009.

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

Here is my concern, a friend and I are shopping for plows for this winter, I have a Ford F-2005 Harley Edition Crew Cab with 8 foot Box with gas engine, now my question I have shopped around and for what I will be doing, (personal plowing and a Funeral front of funeral homes for the day of funerals for our limos and hearses), But my question is that if I need to back up with the snow, the HD75 which I`m getting as no Backplate, anyone can tell me how the plow react when backing up without one.

I know my question might sound weird but I have no experience at all with plowing and I`m tired of wasting hours with a snow blower so this is why I`m investing into one. Also should I have some wings installed on it or not.

As for my friend he is still unsure of getting it because he owns a Dodge pick up with the diesel engine and the company specs do not recommend a plow on the truck, but he is looking for a fisher model which I believe is a lot heavier then this one.

I actually stopped my purchase on this model instead of the Meyer one as it`s 1000.00 cheaper and looks like a heavier duty built and the stainless actually will make my Black and chrome truck stand out.

If I get it, which should be mid december, I will make sure to post some pictures of the ruck with the plow.
  2. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

I think you will be fine. This plow weight is 680#, Western 7 1/2' Pro Plow weights 682# and the Meyer ST7.5 plows weights is 606#. I believe it will be heavy enough and if you ask smoorman I will bet he is working on a back drag edge for this plow.
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

You can still back drag without the Backdrag edge, just not as efficiant. We did it for years before they were invented.

STRIKER Qc Junior Member

Well the reason I was asking is I came across this picture which shows a Snowdogg Plow with a backplate, but I don`t know if it`s home made or it`s available for the model I want.

Anyone Knows ???

5. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

If you do not mind drilling some holes I am pretty sure you could make a Western 7 1/2' back drag edge work.
  6. Nelsen

Nelsen Member

Scott answered this question just last week. I actually thought they'd have one this year, but it's not in the cards and it was not recommended by my dealer to buy the Western and drill some holes....

here is Scott's answer: http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=90685

Good luck