1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question About Apartment Complex

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by M & MD Lawn, Nov 27, 2012.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I have the opportunity to bid a apartment complex. I have never bid one of these so I was looking to get some advice from you all. My main question is do you or would you bid Per hour/p truck or a per push? I am leaning towards per hour/p truck but Im not sure. I am open to any recommendations or suggestions from you more experienced plowers.

I would appreciate constructive comments!

Thanks Paul

2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

They probably wont be up for an hourly rate. Per push, seasonal, or incremental.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Make it easy on yourself and do per push. You push and you charge and so on. Trying to keep tabs on hours is a pain and everyone is on the same page.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Remember too. You will need to plow it twice with each storm. Main drags and all the spots when they leave for the day.

5. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

Per push and per truck will be the easiest, for storms.. usually 2 trucks will cut the time in half if your charging for anything over "normal".

6. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Grandview thanks for that info, that never even crossed my mind and BOSS Per push per truck, you mean charging per push and per truck so, for ex per push its 100, and per truck its 100...so the bill would be 200? I figured per push, no matter the # of trucks its a flat price..however Im still learning

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

1 truck 200 bucks ,2 trucks 200 bucks.

8. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

We charge per push on complexes but then go hourly on the parking spaces later that day because it varies every storm,weekends,holidays ect
    Steve

9. BOSS LAWN

BOSS LAWN Senior Member

200 is right, see what works best for you.

10. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Per push, per drop on salt. sidewalks hourly, sidewalk salt per bag.... Ask manager to see last contract... A lot of times they give it to me with out asking.. Kinda weird... Ask them what did the last guy do? Do they have their own specs... Ask lots of questions in till they show you contract

11. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I hate dealing with managers so apartments are a zero tollerance seasonal rate for me. If they don't like it, find someone else.

12. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I like a seasonal contract. That way theres no argument as to when you came or how long you were there, etc. Some years, like last year contracts work out great in your favor. SOme years, you get your ass handed to you. If you're in this business for the long haul, it all evens out over time.

13. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Its funny around here in buffalo everything is seasonal or seasonal with a cap, Other areas of the country everything is hourly or per push. Honestly like mike said go seasonal for plowing, Per app for salt. Oh and yea apartment complexes are a pain to push. IMO small equipment usually works best ie a skid steer with an 8' box.

14. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

If you like to gamble go with seasonal, otherwise per push.

Many larger properties prefer seasonal so they can budget accordingly.