1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about a Harder spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by james1115, Jan 23, 2010.

1. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

Hey guys I just got my hands on a stainless sander/spreader made by a company named harder. I have never heard of them and really can't find much on google search. The model is a Harder electri-spread 1E89. It is fully electric and works great for $300. I just want to know if I can still get parts for this thing or not. Please let me know if anyone knows.
  2. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

x2 on smith metal works. thay dont sell direct. but will give you a local dealer # to call. super nice people. and great service. we have one at work. from around 96-97 year range. still going strong.
  4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Most of the parts for them can be sourced out side of your dealer as well. Regular pillow block bearings. Shafts and stuff can be made by any machine shop. The belt and head pulley from Motion industries. Good spreader, wish the chute was detachable though.