1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about a-frame mounted pumps

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danmc, Jan 3, 2005.

1. danmc

danmc Member

I'm considering getting a Boss plow for my Durango (since my "real" truck doesn't want to work right) and had a few questions. Is there anything such as a plate on the underside of the pump to protect it from snow buildup? Are there reliability issues with these types of pumps compared to typical style pumps?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not quite sure what your saying.

But BOSS does not mount their pumps on the A-Frame.

Only ones I know that do this are Blizzard and Curtis.

3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Fisher has aframe mounted pumps on the MM plows- I have never has any snow build up on mine ever.

4. foyboy41

foyboy41 Member

a- frame mount

i think what you are trying to ask is it possible to mount a pump on the a-frame . yes it is possible but its not that simple you have alot of other things to consider for all the trouble of relocating first is it a trip edge plow or a trip blade style . i have done it to my trip edge plow with not to many problems but i need more info to be able to help you with your plow........

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Actually, I think he was expressing concern about the majority of the plow setups made today that have the pump mounted on the plow frames instead of under the hood (maybe electric/hydraulic versus straight hydraulic) and the snow build up/wear/damage resulting from having those pumps outside.

If there was a major problem with the pumps being mounted there companies would not continue to do it- Fisher MM plows started with 2 versions, inboard pump and outboard pump and have been doing outboard pumps ever since- what is that, about 10 years now?