1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about a controller

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jryan, Feb 4, 2014.

1. jryan

jryan Junior Member
    from Ohio

Anybody use an old style "shoebox" controller that was all switches instead of a joystick. Saw one the other day that had 4 switches. One for up/down, one for left/right, and one for each of the wings. Found one for sale. I think I'll like it more than the touchpad, and I haven't found a good deal on a joystick yet. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks!
  2. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

I prefer it, though the joystick's not bad either.

Those switches are super reliable, and easily replaced.

While some think that it's too bulky, I find it fits perfectly in my Fords with the 40/20/40 seats. The controls are right at my fingertips with my arm on the armrest.
  3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

I use one too, and I like it , and they are super reliable
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

My order of preference:

1 custom build controller with toggles for wings, and slickstick

2 joystick shoebox

3 rocker-style shoebox

4 touchpad
  5. jryan

jryan Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey fastjohnny, got any directions to make one of those custom ones? I know slicksticks can be had pretty cheaply these days. Right now I have the touchpad with the separate switch to toggle between the plow lights. I don't mind the other switch at all, but I'm not a big fan of the touchpad. I'm good with electronics, I just never thought of trying to incorporate a slickstick. Could definitely build one like that and make it a much lower profile than the big shoebox.
  6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I posted a thread last year with pics. Take a look and let me know if you have any ?'s
  7. jgew21

jgew21 Junior Member

I need a touch pad controller. anybody selling used ones?