1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question about 95 2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pbjunkie92, Jun 23, 2010.

1. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

Hey guys I am not a huge chevy guy but I recently came across this truck for sale. It is a 95 chevy 2500 reg cab with 8ft bed. The truck has only 72,000 miles. They want $3,900 for it.

My question is about the front end. I have seen other 94 and 95 2500's but they have the chrome front grille with the split headlights. I was thinking maybe this is a LD truck? If someone could clear this up id appreciate it.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

That looks like a late 80's early 90's GMC front grill. But, those years it seemed it depended on what plant it came from or truck option had to what grill was used.

1995's tho mostly I have seen the split grill with stacked headlights.

3. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

Oh ok...that is interesting. Is there any particuklar way to tell whether it is a HD or LD or was there such a thing in those years? Thanks

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Not sure what a LD is. Can not remember if they started tagging the HD trucks yet then but if it had 8 lug axles it was a HD. 6 lug was your basic 2500 (LT light truck) but it was never badged a LT except on paper I believe.

Take the Vin number to a dealer and ask for a printout of what the truck came with new.
    That will tell you more then we could without being there to look at it.

5. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

ok well what I really want to find out is what plow the truck will handle so I will take the vin into a dealer. Thanks again

6. pbjunkie92

pbjunkie92 Member

well I just looked at more pictures and it is infact an 8 lug. Yay haha

7. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

If it runs good and is in decent shape I would grab it at that price in a heart beat then.

It could handle a 9 ft blade with timbrens and a couple turns of the torsion bars.

Go in and offer $3,000 and then take the counter offer they make. Low miles. With some TLC those trucks lasted forever.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know for sure but the trucks with that style grill and lights are usually the basic Cheyenne interior (manual everything, vinyl floor, vinyl seat, etc) The ones with the "normal" grill and lights are usually either Silverado's (power options and nicer insides) or I've seen some Cheyenne's but nicer seats but still manual everything and vinyl floors.

And the ld 2500's had a 7200gvwr and 6 lugs. That's an "hd" 2500 with 8 lugs, should have an 8600lb gvwr.

9. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Just look on the inside of the driver side door above the latch and it will tell you what the GVWR is (should be 8600) and also the front GAWR, that should read 4250 or 4500.

That style of front end (single headlight) was available from 88 to 2000.

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 96 3500 with the same front end no stacked headlights.

11. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

That is a Cheyenne package truck and is along the lines of a work truck. Probably no power windows and door locks and not many options. That is still a good price for that truck and mileage. I would buy it in a minute if it was mechanically sound.

Wayne

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes that is referred to as a work truck style with the single headlight design. It can be easily converted to the other style you mentioned.

13. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

I have a 98 Cheyenne with the exact same grille. Was a Provincial Police fleet truck before I got it at auction. Manual crank windows, with AC & tilt steering and nice cloth bucket seats.

14. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Offer 3K, go to 3500.00 put a 8 ft. Boss on it and don't look back...except when leaving the bank after making the checking account deposit!! I've got a 92 with 203,000 and it still keeps on ticking. Just keep up on the maintenance.

15. buckaltc

buckaltc Junior Member
    from detroit

Just to confirm it is a 95 the 8th Vin character should be an "s". It looks that way though since 95 was the first year for the plastic mirrors. It is the HD-- the 7200 gross model had narrow chrome or no wheel flares--you got the wide plastic flares with the HD.--Mine was the same green. It was a great truck as long as it had the 350 (5.7L) engine