1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

question about 92 ford f150 4x4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by tphawk09, Mar 6, 2008.

1. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

i was plowing yesterday and i noticed tranny fluid coming out of a round hole at the bottom of the bellhousing is there supose to be a cap it stpped after about 10 min of sitting finished plowing and now dosent leak just got the truck 2 days ago checked tranny levels it was fine do u think it was the tranney overflowing due to heat thanks

2. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

that sounds like you need to have a trans shop look at your trans as it may indicate a problem with the trans front pump.

3. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

It is a relief valve that blows fluid when the trans overheats. A sign of a problem, but not a terminal problem in and of itself.

4. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

there is a vent tube on the top of the trans.If fluid comes out by the torque converter or between the engine and trans ,it means fluid is getting by the front pump converter seal and usally means that the seal or pump or converter need repair .There is no relief valve .we just experiaced this same problem with our 95 f350 and the trans shop replaced the front pump and converter.

5. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

92 ford

i just bought it and plowed once and its not coming out between tho trans and motor its out this hole mabe 3in circular then it stoped i drove today for touchups and not a drop it shifts fine do u think its major or just overflow thanks

6. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

No argument here. That's what i meant.

7. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

so u think it was just overflow ?

8. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

84 disel im in kigston ont did it codt big bucks

9. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

It was about $ 500 dollars us. You could probably get by if you take it easier on the truck it may last a ahile but unfortunatly the driver in our truck is a little hard on equipment and I would rather buy a torque converter and pump than a new trans.

10. tphawk09

tphawk09 Member

thanks i only do 10 prsonal drives but the last snow fall was heavy so thats why i wondered if it was over flow cause it only did it after driving most of the dayy thanks a million to all who responded your all great cheers