1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question 4 fellow Canadians???

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by quincy33, Feb 12, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

I have a condo, i put down landscapers choice on sidewalks, i charge $25.00 per bag and it cost me about $14.00 to $15.00 with taxes. anybody getting more $$$$, or less $$$$ per bag!!!!!!!

2. pcs

pcs Senior Member

We use MAG 22kg cost $17.00 applied $30.00

3. sr_innovative

sr_innovative Junior Member
    from Toronto

Hi Quincy,

I work for IBP in Ajax, and we are the master Distributors for MAG.
    For slightly more $ than what you are paying for the other product, you can get pure MAG which does not have the high sodium percentages that other melters do.

Please give me a call if you would like more info. 1.800.387.5777

4. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

We're getting $35.00 / bag in the Kitchener area

5. peewee

peewee Member

I use salt treated with caliber 2000. It is supposedly non corrosive. I treat the pile myself and i would figure it may cost me about $3 per 40kg bag and I charge about 50$ per bag. If you are making only 10$ per bag to go out in the ice and cold you definately need to look at other options.

6. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

peewee, your right, but i count the bags not the customer if you know what i mean!! However it should be materials x 3 to get a decent profit.