1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Question 4 american plowers?????

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by quincy33, Feb 12, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

I'm wondering how u americans do your contracts. In Toronto we go November 15 - April 15 billed monthly, salt extra unless it's included in contract(preferably NOT) Just want some feedback for curiosities sake, thanks!!!
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My contracts are valid from Nov.1 thru April 31 and I bill after each storm.:waving:
  3. capital

capital Senior Member

We have some of our contracts set at Monthly begining in Nov and ending in March. Some of our accounts are per hour pushing price while some are per inch (least favorable) which next year wil switch to per push amounts. On the de icing we have one account that is set per event with the rest per amount spread and delivered. (This is best option) Pre spray for up coming snow events is per contract amount and again is per Capitals determination when it needs to be done.
  4. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Boss, Capital, thanx for the replies, sounds similar but a bit confusing. Up here salt is where the money is. I have 6 accounts and 4 take salt. The 2 that don't(unless given work order) will be gone next year. too hard to plow unsalted lots, plus lack of potential revenue. I laugh at guys that do residentials up here , no offence, it's just that there is no money and too many headaches dealing with the homeowners. Better to deal with one or two property managers!!!!!