1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Questio on a salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Dec 5, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, a guy I work with is looking at buying a 8' boss straight balde and a sno-ex salter. I believe it is the 1875. So it is bigger than the 1075. I am wondering what something like that might go for used. It is a year old and according to the seller it is in great shape. Anybody with pics of one would be greatly appercitated. I would like to see what one looks like, and so would he. The seller says it is in the pic with the plow but both of us can't see it. Thanks guys.

Ryan

2. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Brand new 1875's go for about $2500 or so. If its a year old, you could get around 2000 to 2300 for it if its in good shape.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well that is more than I thought you could get for it. I was thinking only about a grand or so. How much to the 1075s go for used. Say it was a misprint and it is a 1075.

Ryan

4. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

1075s are about 1800 new. So a grand to 1300 would be fair.

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Sweet thanks troy. Get any snowplowed last night? I passed on that little bit of plowing.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

You should spend the extra $200 and get a new one. IMO used salters are not worth squat. its a USED salter who knows if they left salt in it or what. I would probably have a hard time giving him $1200 for it. Now thats just me!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Like I said I don't know anything about it. Possibly going to look at everything this friday?. So I will ask. Its not like I can't tell if they left salt in it or not you know.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Hey guys, my buddy bought the plow and salter combo today and it is the 1075. He is selling just the salter as he is only doing his drive and a few other fam drives aswell. He wants 1500 for it. It comes with all mounts and wiring, Everything you'll need to hook it up. There isn't any rust on it. It was maybe used 3 times. If that. I will get some pics up tommorrow if anybody wants any.

Ryan