1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by EricD701, Sep 30, 2008.

1. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Does any one know why on the 88-98 Chevy 1500 the reg cab it has 8 plow options and the ext cab has only 2?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's due to the lower front axle weight reserve on the ext cab. More people capacity equals less front axle capacity left for add on accesories...such as a snow plow for example.
  3. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

I see ... thank you
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can always lie. ;) :D
  5. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Already did that LOL... I have an ext cab with the 7'6" V it carries it with no problems I was just checking to make sure it wasn't a frame issue.

So as long as I don't pack the truck full of people and go plowing I'm all set :)
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Next year you'll be asking about ball joints and tie-rod ends;)

plow 700lb,+ mount 100lb+ you 200lb+ salt + spreader+ your gear= trouble for any 1/2 ton.

Do not believe anyone who says that they have "no problems" as all plow trucks have problems.
    You will have fewer proublems if you use the proper tool for the job.

Good luck with your 150.....
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  7. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

It’s been going for 3 years now with no problems, I know with plowing it is enviable to have extra ware and tare.

But in the end with proper pricing we hope it all works out with a little extra in the pocket
  8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Everybody has to start somewhere. As long as you're planning for the future, you'll be ok.