1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

quesion stacking stoppers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ljbev, Dec 19, 2004.

1. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

I have a question? I have a new western mvp 8.5, installed by the dealer. The part called the stacking stopper on each side limits the height of the blade travel, was installed parallel with the upright frame (perpendicular to the ground) is this correct? Looks to me like they should be parallel to the ground or at least on about 60 angel not on 90. Thanks guys. :drinkup:

2. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

angle that is

3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

The stacking stoppers are mounted, in simple terms, horizontal or vertical.

They do look a bit weird, but it depends on the configuration at what your plow is set to height wise.

there are 4 configurations :#1 config. is the lowest, it does not use them
    #2,3,4, do use them . they make look odd but chances are they are on correctly. doesnt hurt to have them dbl. checked.

have a good night, plowtech.

4. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Thanks I will get them checked. Just seems like if they were as you say horizontal the blade could float higher while stacking...if there was any snow to stack that is.

Thanks again

5. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

The stops are adjusted during blade assembly depending on the height of the mount.
    See attached.

Chart.JPG

Config2.JPG

Config3.JPG

Config4.JPG

6. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

Thanks Mebes that saves me a trip to the dealer. I could not find info anywhere even mechanics install guide on western site. thanks again im off to measure,