1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quality of the recent toro single stages?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Evan528, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I would just like to get every bodys opinion of the newer toro single stage snow blowers. I am not to happy with the quality or preformance of my newest ccr3650. Seems like every storm something or other is breakin on this machine. Also this machine feels alot less powerful then my 12 year old toro CCR2000. The 3650 is about a year old and its been back to the mechanic about 3 times since new. Is toro going cheap on there new snow blowers or is it just me? The 12 year old machine has not needed anything more then regular maintnance parts over the past 12 years and has always had sufficient power.

2. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I hit submit by accident

I am now in need of another single stage and thinking about switching to honda. I have only heard good things about honda and have been very happy with all of the honda engines I currently run. thanks for your advice.

3. ravmazda

ravmazda Junior Member
    from PA

Try the Honda 520.

4. AnthonyL88

AnthonyL88 Junior Member
    from NY

I just bought myself a new Toro 1028LE and will be getting it on Thursday. I spoke to many people and everyone told me Toro is a great snowblower and also Toro did a total redesign on their 2 stage Powermax. I'll write a review after I try it out.

5. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

Was discussing this very subject with my father in law the other day. He is V.P. at Echo right here in Illinois. Since the majority of their equipment is purchased by pros, they no longer sell single stage blowers because they are USELESS in heavy, wet snow. My two cents...find a two-stage
    -Jeff-