1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quality of some recent posts -

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by North Country, Dec 13, 2003.

1. North Country

North Country Senior Member

The last 3 or 4 threads that I clicked on have read something like this:

“ i’l tell you what me and billsy was checkin’ out the peice of garbage they call teh knew flowbe at teh walmarts and the glauster cable snap my cosint in the hed when he goes what. So i says to him i says id rather buck than work for j cheeba’

Folks – Can we please bring up the quality of the threads; this site is starting to remind me of some yahoo chat room, where people can not type their true opinion for fear of being ridiculed. When I started reading this forum it was more informative and professional, with a real sense of community. If you want to type in broken English and insult everything download ICQ. I am sure you will find something of interest. - michael

2. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

That is funny. You are right some people have a hard time spelling and using proper grammar. Using a word processor with the spelling and grammar check can help a quite a bit. You can just cut your reply from the word processor and paste it here.

I ran your little quote through Microsoft Word and it is a little better though I am still not sure what it says.

" I'll tell you what me and bills was checking’ out the piece of garbage they call the new flow-be at the Wal-Mart's and the glister cable snap my cousin in the head when he goes what. So I says to him I says id rather buck than work for j cheetah"

3. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

This is all further evidence that internet chat rooms, instant messages and text messages in general contribute to the dumbing down of people in America...

4. North Country

5. North Country

Sorry the image didn't post

Here we go!

sign.jpg

6. North Country

One more!

I have to.....

usa.jpeg

7. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

North Country,
    After reading your post, and looking over some of mine, I realized I Sometimes use run on sentiences so here are all my missing periods...........

8. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

I always use run on periods.... People should use the spell check, its just a couple simple clicks.

9. windmill

windmill Senior Member

a couple of

Don't discount the possibility of dyslexia.

10. North Country

I almost sprained my mousing wrist trying to get over to your quote button! LOL! Thanks, for the periods.

I hope you all know that I am not criticizing anyone’s grammar; I was just noting the decay of some of the content in recent posts.

BTW the topic at hand should be changed to the 24”+ of snow coming tomorrow!!!!

!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

11. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Are we sure that "Billsy" got snapped in the head by that cable at Wal-Mart, or was it the poster:D ;)

12. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I think I will just stay here if I cannot even view the posts over there. Besides that I cant spell either.

13. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Why would that be???? They want to make sure that registrants are real snowcontractors?

14. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I have seen boards like that before with other topics. They are trying to get more members by having people register before they look around and see that there is nothing worth while or they want a chosen few to be members. Either way I look before I join so I wont be there.

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I don't know the history of this whole deal but it seems that the head guy at that other site is a long time member here but has not posted in a while. Must have been some kind of falling out before I came around?????

16. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

17. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hooked on Phonics guys!:eek:

18. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

hooked on ebonics, sucka , lol

19. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Being from Canada I'm not all too enlightened (nicer than saying bright), what is ebonics?

20. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict