1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quality of salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by grsp, Sep 29, 2011.

1. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

Can anyone tell me how the quality of bulk salt is from Arlington power equipment in Palatine, IL

They quoted me a pretty good price, but I KNOW you get what you pay for.

Thanks

2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

idk about Arlington power equipment but we bought our salt from russo last year and it was all good till the last load we got the brown crap but they said they were running out. idk about the trucking cost but i know they are 64.00 a ton plus trucking

3. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

thats exactly my major concern. how much are these smaller companies that don't sell salt only, like A Grain of Salt or Central Salt, going to have available in February and March. I need approximately 500 tons this season. spread out over 5-6 deliveries.

4. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

I have used both arlington power and central salt. I have been very happy with both products and suppliers. I would go for the treated salt though, that way you can see it better on the ground as you spread it. It kinda gives you a peace of mind that you have not missed any areas or that the salt is spreading appropriately.

5. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

Thanks for the good word. We pride ourselves in quality of product and timely service.

6. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

Rumor around the campfire has it that Russo bought the remaining stock from Cargill's Lemont yard after last season. Those who know this product know why I'm mentioning it...