1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quality Backdragging with Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

What do you guys think of the attached pic? This is Boss V-Plow backdragging a 3 year old parking lot. Fairly new asphalt. I'm not happy with the result. The other 6 V-Plows we own are about the same type of quality.

Is there anything I can do to improve it? Its not even getting the loose stuff

2. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Now plow forward, then back drag pile back, then plow forward, then drag pile back, then plow forward, then drag pile back........ do just enough to back your truck in and plow the rest of the lot forward......

Other than that, back drag blade on plow, or pull plow on, back of truck.

Marry Xmas.....
  3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I tried the back drag edges many years ago, and never did again... now I just run over the same spot a few times... mind you the heavier blades seem to do alot better
  4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Assuming you have in straight mode, see if either putting it in slight v mode or slightly angled in straight mode does any better.
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ive had great results from backdrag edges. as for the boss V I did a little re wiring and used the tower lift feature to give Down Presure. :)
  6. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

Our MVP didnt backdrag very well, and you couldnt get a hinged backdrag. our wideouts do great, id assume due to the weight. If you could get a hinged backdrag that would definately help, we have one on a 8' straight and it does a fantastic job.

If the snow is wet and heavy, Ill just take smaller bites, say 1/2 of the drive instead of all of it. An usually I will have to go over more then once if its really wet stuff, but it usually gets down to pavement.

I've tried pushing forward first, the problem I had was the only time I would need to do that, the wet and heavy stuff, It wouldnt pull back nicely after pushing it.
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

push forward pull back, remove the shoes if you haven't all ready.