1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quadrasteer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dirt digger, Nov 29, 2005.

1. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Hey I was curious how many people plow with GM's Quadrasteer? I don't think they make it anymore, but how is it when you are plowing driveways?

2. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Thats a good question. I remember when they came out with that, there was a huge marketing campaign behind it and then it just kind of died. Did people not like it or what, seemed like a revolutionary idea?

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

someone told me that the quadristeer on the chevy trucks was electronically controlled ..... i hate to see if that system malfunctioned .. talkin to about loosen controll of the vehicle ...

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

It was a $5K option to start with and then parts and labor would be very costly.

5. dirt digger

if it functioned correctly I'm sure it would have been great. Plus thats a little extra weight right on the axle, so that can't hurt plowing wise.

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am not a chevy fan. But I would love to see a Chevy 2500HD short bed with quadra steer, blizzard 810 and a rear pull plow. Would have the same turning radius as a jeep.

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Not likely to see that as quadra-steer models have been dropped due to lack of sales....

9. I was at the chevy dealer yesterday and was looking through the new truck brochure. Low and behold, there it was, the new Chevy trucks with Quadrasteer!!!!! I didn't check on prices but it is definately an option on the new Chevy trucks.:drinkup:

10. Why they dont sell

Heres why they dont sell

1. $5,000
    2. All the ball joints, tie rods...etc that have to be replaced in the front, also have to be replaced in the rear
    3. They have 500lbs more unsprung weight in the back which compramises ride quality.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Must be an old brochure

12. Sorry, fella's, It must have been. I was waiting in the lounge and doing some light reading. It must have been a 05 brochure.:dizzy:

13. dirt digger

speaking of quadrasteer...this is a little off topic of the chevy, but has anyone ever tried the Bobcat with all wheel steer?

14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Really its a shame they didn't try promoting it more once they dropped the price to $2k. Probably would have sold a lot more.

Since they were constantly putting out commercials anyways, why not mention the Quadrasteer with one of those big yellow jagged balloon thingies that says "Now only $1999!!!" or something...

The only commercial I ever saw showing quadrasteer was the guy backing the horse trailer around the corner, while the horse's jaw drops in amazement.. lol

They were ultracool but most people never even knew they existed.