1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quadrasteer with V-plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hamptonplow, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

2003 GMC Sierra 1500HD SLT w/Quadrasteer and 81/2 EZ-V

2. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

Quadrasteer with EZ-V

3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

How does the 1500 handle the weight of the V?
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Forget the weight thing, I wanna know if that rear steering is an advantage or dis-advantage when plowing :confused:
  5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks like that HD1500 handles the weight of the V pretty good.
    That truck looks good.
  6. Hamptonplow

Hamptonplow Member

Diesel, the truck handles the weight of the plow very well. I have to use more ballast than I had hoped once we got the truck on the scales.

Eyesell, The Q-steer cuts alot of time while doing driveways and odd shaped lots. I don't see much benefit where large lots and roads are concerned.

We have another thread going on the subject if you're interested:
  7. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I'll bet it does. I'd probably use my snowblower a lot less if I could get a few degrees out of my back tires.

D'MAXXDIESAL Junior Member

sweet truck... nice plow..... thats a awesome garage you got there..

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I have some horseshoe driveways that would work awsome on!
  10. Diesel-Man

Diesel-Man Junior Member

QUADRASTEER is only avaialble with the 2500.

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Yeah I'm not trying to disagree with the guy that owns the truck but the one in the pictures has 8 lug wheels. I have not known the big 3 to put 8 lug wheels on the 1/2 ton trucks.
  12. NDdude

NDdude Junior Member

Check the GMC website out guys, what he has there is not a standard 1/2 ton pickup but the 1/2 HD version. IIRC, heavy duty suspension, HD drive train, the 8 lug wheels and Quadrasteer is available with the HD. (you can clearly tell by the rear fenders of the OP's rig that it does infact have quadrasteer)

Nice truck man!
  13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Hey I've seen that truck. Looks smooth. I was behind you once and you turned into a driveway I thought you were going past it. :eek: Man that thing can turn! :nod:
  14. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I have never seen a 2500 with quadrasteer
  15. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Exactly, and to add a little to what others said, this is a 1500 hd, 8600 gvw if I remember correctly, which is basically a regular 3/4 ton, or at least was before all the hd models and superdutys. Thats why you are seeing a "half-ton" with 8-lug wheels.
  16. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I believe if you get quad steer on a suburban you need to have the 2500 as they do not make a 1500hd in the 'burb
  17. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Not sure but that makes sense as the 2500 burb is a base 3/4 platform and not an hd platform, like the 1500hd in this thread.
  18. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If I'm not mistaken you can't get a plow prep package on this 1500HD ext or quad cab truck. At least when I was looking at them.