1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quadrant frame ram troubles

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tubbs, Dec 13, 2007.

1. tubbs

tubbs Junior Member

Hi
    I have a Western Unimount and the hydraulic Ram fell off of the Quadrant frame, Now both the left and right rams are in the extended position.. How do I compress the ram so I can hook it back up to the Quadrant frame?

Do I need to disconnect a hydraulic hose to the ram to relive the pressure, then what about air bubbles in the lines ect.

Any ideas would be appreciated

TUBBS

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply disconnect the hose on the angle ram that you need to compress... after you get the cylinder reattached, reconnect the hose and angle the blade back and forth a few time's and it'll work any air out on it's own. Be sure to top off the fluid when your done.

3. tubbs

tubbs Junior Member

Get
    That sounds like a plan,

Thank you very much for the excellent help

TUBBS

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you find the angle cylinder is a little reluctant to collapse, you can wail on the end of it with a hammer and a block of wood to collapse it if need be... it won't damage it.