1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quadcab Diesel

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bucmaster, Oct 13, 2004.

1. bucmaster

bucmaster Junior Member
    from Va

Hi everyone,
    New to this so forgive the newbie questions. does anyone hear have a Quad cab diesel that they have used to plow with last year. If so how did it do? What did you have to add to the front end to keep it from sagging or did it sag? Hope to get lots of feed back on this as I am thinking of expanding into snow removal this year. The two guys we have now pulled in 15k off of us alone last season. Thanks in advance
  2. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Welcome to the Plowsite!! Lots of good info and friendly, knowledgeable people here. Where are you in VA? I am in Richmond.

As far as Quad cab trucks, you would gert better responses with a make and model, lots of Ford guys here and some Chevy. I plow with a '02 Chevy Silverado 4 door 2500 HD Ali/Max. No problems noted yet, timbrens definetly a must on the front end at a minimum however!!

Good luck and let me know if i can help you further..

3. CENLO

CENLO Member

I have a 2004 F350 Supercrew diesel, and just had a 9'6" Western v plow installed on the weekend. I have no Timbrens and the front end dropped about 2" when I raise the plow. (still lots of room) The dealer said they install that plow on F350 supercrews all the time with no problems!
  4. bucmaster

bucmaster Junior Member
    from Va

Quad Cab

Sorry about that. It is Dodge quad cab with a 5.9L. What is a Timbren? is that like a rubber disk?
  5. bucmaster

bucmaster Junior Member
    from Va

Hey eng50,
    I am in Roanoke. about 150 miles SW of you.
  6. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Good to have others here from VA, there is another guy on here from Northern VA, I think as well. If you all have an event that doesnt effect us here in Richmond, would be glad to come up your way and help out, PM if you need a cell #. If I can help you in any way as far as getting set up let me know.

Timbrens are basicly a bump stop made of a special material that take a lot of the load off the front end and for what they cost really make a difference. A cheap investment to reduce wear and tear on the front end.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  7. bucmaster

bucmaster Junior Member
    from Va

Hey thanks for the offer there eng50. What you getting per hour up there in Richmond. We have been charging 85/hr per piece of equipment. Thats why I wanna get in on some of the fun shall we say.

I used to live in Richmond by the way. Went to Tuckahoe middle school.
  8. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

$125/hr here! $200 + in NC during major events! Can't complain about that! Loads of work too, just you get more snow than we do! payup

9. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

You need to install the stiffer springs up front and then a set of timbrens and that will do it!

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey Eng 50 how hard are the Timbrens to install? I have a 02 F350 Dually CC with a 7.3 and a 8'6 Boss straight blade hanging off the front.

11. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

I have a 2002 F-350 Crew Cab 7.3PSD single rear wheel. I have converted (I believe) the "V" class front end leaf spring to the "X" spring(higher weight capacity) then realized no additional ride height so I added 1 more leaf to the front end spring assembly. Now in the rear I have added 3 leaf springs, very , very nice.

I have no timbrens......... not sure if I need them?????

Oh yea I have a Meyer CP8.5 poly plow on the front and a Trynex Vpro8000 in the rear. The truck has no problems plowing even the smallest sites. You will have to change your approach with this vehicle but it is worth the effort for the use year round............

12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Timbrens are installed in place of your rubber (suspension) bump stops on the frame.
    Just unbolt the bump stops and bolt up the Timbrens. If all else fails zip the bolts off with an air cut off or a flame wrench if the old bolts refuse come loose.
  13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I just added another leaf to each side of my truck to level it out. She hardly squats at all now with the blade on. :waving:
  14. eng50

eng50 Senior Member

Justin, as others replied, they are really not hard to install, if you have any trouble, PM me, and I will call you. I am due to come up to Manassas to pick up my spreader soon, if you need help, I would be glad to assist you then...