1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Quad Sport Ram 1500 plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Nov 14, 2002.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Well right after Chuck Smith closed the thread about the plow for the 1500 series Ram, I recieved the current issue of Snow Business. In this issue on page 37 an add is running for what seems to be the only plow option for that truck. Lets see, its the Snow Sport all aluminum plow. Mounts into a 2" reciever, and can be attached or removed in seconds. Moldboard looks about 12" tall, no angling available at all, just a very small "box" type pusher. But seeing that it weighs in at under 75 lbs, I think the truck should handle it fine, and not bottom out on every frost heave or diveway apron.

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

Dino, i caught that to when i read thru the magazine.ram tough ?definatly not that truck with a plow on it.
    the mag was great though.
  3. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Just a question does Snow Busniness magazine have a website?
    if they do could ya post it thanks
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

ram this

before you scare off another newbie,why dont you check with blizzard , i know becuse i have one,next year the rest will be playing catch-up
  6. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

I'm missing something here as I didn't read the other thread as mentioned above but, aren't all the major plow mfgrs. offering a LD version for SUVs & light trucks? Even the F150, a specific truck model always recommended against for having a plow on it, now has a model available for it.
  7. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I think what you guys are missing is that the truck is a QUAD CAB (4 door), and the manufacturer recommends NO plow be put on the truck.

I was down at our local Western dealer last week, and he was putting a plow on a new Dodge 1500. There was more brackets than most installs, but Western does make a plow for the 1500 (regular cab). I asked about the Sport, and he said they can mount a Western on them, but they will have to cut the bumper for it to fit. I asked about the quad cab, and he said "forget it".
    I trust him, this is his 30th year as a Western Dealer.