1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by albhb3, Oct 23, 2008.

1. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Is it ok to put a boss v xt 9'3 on a 01 chevy 2500HD ext cab 6.0L Is that engine have enough power for that size of plow
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 6.0's have more than enough pushing power for just about any plow the truck will carry. You'll run out of traction long before running out of power...
  3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

good to know lookin at that truck on craigslist with 50000 miles for 15000
  4. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I have a 2000 2500(nonHD) extended cab with the 6.0L and towed my sisters altima on a heavy equipment trailer and estimating the light side I would say the car is #3000 and the trailer #2000...not to mention 5 people in the truck and about 500# of softner salt in the bed. with that #5000+ in tow the truck still held over drive at 65MPH on the highway when i hit hills. the 6.0L has plenty of power!!! 300HP/360TQ...gas milage sucks but didn't buy it for that. I just bought it in the spring and have not plowed with it yet but the plow is installed and waiting for snow....I have no doubt it will push a lot of snow!!
  5. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

Price seems a little high for the yr. But if its what you want...you know how the story goes, Go for it!!