1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Q..regarding putting the brace for plow but not the plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2moresleeps, Sep 16, 2006.

1. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I want to buy a back up truck. Unfortunately, the back up truck is a 2006. I dont want to put the plow on it if I dont have to.

Q is this. Can I put the brace (brackets) for the plow I have now on the truck....not buy another plow but keep it ready if I have to put the plow I currently have now on to it.

Confusing? Ok. Two brackets for two trucks but only one plow. I know it is not the best course but I popped out nearly 45K for the truck and the truck I have now is a 2002 dodge ram 2500 with no probs so its not an emergency.

Im still confused. Oh, and anyone know how much to put the bracing on the truck without the plow? Its a BOSS if it matters.

2. MO TOYS

MO TOYS Senior Member

Im Not Totally Sure But I Think That If You Keep All The Brackets And The Plow The Same Make With The Same Model Year It Will Work I Understand What You Are Asking

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing with my Arctic. Everything for the truck side would cost me $900. The only thing I would have to bring from 1 truck to the other would be the joy stick. You can mix and match most trucks. For instance some of the Western plows were 9 and 12 pin connectors so in this case it would not work. For Arctic it works with every truck because you have a toggle swithch to change lighting.

What make of plow do you have?

4. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

Its a boss 8.5 ft I believe

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

For some reason there are no Boss plows in this area. No one has ever carried them. I would call a dealer and tell him what you are trying to do Ask him for a price for everything on the truck side. Ask him if the plow is interchangeable between your 2 trucks.

I know even with the 9 and 12 pin Western, the plow would still work but the lights are all messed up. It still gets you through the rest of the storm though.

It won't be cheap but if you sell the Dodge in a few years the GM will be ready to go.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to buy the truck side brackets for the truck. As long as it's the same brand and style plow thats going to be used off the other truck. You would have to buy the controls, light wiring and anything that does not come with the plow off the other truck. It's not going to be cheap either.