1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Q for you guys runnin Front Level Kit on F350's

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by millsaps118, Sep 18, 2013.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I want to level my '13 F350 but am worried it will not fit under my standard garage door height of 7'. Right now I barely have 2" to spare from the top of my cab clearance lights to the lip of the weather strip on the garage door.

You guys/gals out there who have a leveled F250/350 w/cab lights have any issues getting under a 7' garage door?

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Bet you're loving that Ford. Don't know on the clearance.?

3. millsaps118

You know it cooter! I'm pretty impressed with it overall.

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

I got a leaving kit on my f-250 with 35's on it for tires and there is no way it would ever fit in a 7 foot door, just passes under the 7.5ft bar for the car wash

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i'm shocked a stock F350 fits under a 7 foot door to begin with.

most leveling kits add about 1.5-2 inches. do you have that kind of room right now?

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

He could have to smaller 17in wheel/tire combo. My 250 with 20's doesn't fit in mine.

7. millsaps118

I run 20's with 275/65/20 Toyo's. Right now I have about 1.5 - 2" to spare from the top of the cab light to the bottom of the weather seal on the garage door.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  8. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

My 05 doesn't get close to fitting in the garage its at least 7ft tall the truck

9. miderbier

miderbier Member

No

Milsaps-I'm assuming you got your question answered but I have a 13 with a 2 inch leveling kit it will not go in my house garage which is a 7 footer. It is damn close but no go! I now have to walk through the snow to the other garage to get to itprsport

10. millsaps118

That sucks, how close is it to fitting? Do u have cab lights?

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Put a taller door in or forget the leveling kit, if you currently barely have 2" you're close enough already.

12. millsaps118

already considered that but don't have the wall height for a 8' door

13. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

They do make low clearance doors. That might give u some clearance.

14. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Is three any adjustment in the door? Might be able to squeek an inch or two out of it.....

15. banonea

banonea PlowSite Fanatic

Install a Airlift coil air bag system in. that way you can let the air out of the bags when you want it in the garage. I have a 11 f350 and I have the same issue. no9 clearance lights but I need to remove my strobe light when I need to put it in my garage. I had to custom build a light rack for the back of the truck to put the rest of my strobe lights on the truck. I am going to do the airlift with the coil bags later this winter. make sure if you do, get the heavy duty compressor, the small one sucks ass. the kit I have has the controls to raise and lower right on the gauge. worked great for my 04 2500hd for the rear bags. I don't think they offer a kit for it but the round bags that are meant to go into a coil spring will work. you will spend about $300.00 to do it and you can also use the compressor to fill a tire if needed.

16. millsaps118

That's a great idea...I'll check into that!

17. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I have a 4" lift on my 350 w/ stock 16" rims & 305's. Right now I can get my truck inside w/ about 1/2" to spare.

I just recently replaced my door opener which has adjustable stop blocks. Whenever I get back around to it, I'm pretty sure that I can get at least another inch or two of lift on the door by adjusting the stop blocks on the track.

Check your header height for clearance and then see if you have any adjustments to lift the door higher. Many doors aren't adjusted to header height.