1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Q: Bobcat Plow or Box thoughts

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Banger, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Banger

Banger Member

So... I was wondering if I should put a small 6-8 foot push box on my older 643 bobcat. It only has 28-29 HP:eek:.

Other option was a older 7.6 Uni Mount blade I have at my place sitting around. Would that be better then a box? Just looking for advice. It would be used at a apartment complex.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

A 6 foot box would be about max for that horsepower. How much does it weight? On the other hand, blades are very handy and very fast on bobcats

I guess the better question is what do you need it for? Would a box or a blade benifit you more on the work that you are doing?

3. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Blade all the way! Blade would be a better way to go for that machine, more options with the blade then the pusher.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Another vote for the blade. But weather you get the blade or box plow with the storm, In a deep snow that little skid won't have a chance.
    Robert

5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

x2 i would go with a blade, but in the grand scheme of things, a bucket (where you can stack, and move snow around may be your best bet because that machine doesn't have the mass or power to push through big snowfalls

6. Banger

Banger Member

Thanks for the good advice.

With that said... I'm going to try and locate a mount for the Western blade I have and just bring the 1 yard bucket with incase I need to get in some tight spaces or pile some snow like mentioned. Maybe next year I can buy a bigger machine:redbounce.

Thanks again!