1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pwr angle cylinders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CARDOCTOR, Jan 19, 2003.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

are myer and western pwr angle cylinders interchangable i found a used set for sale the add said they fit myer and western

2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I'd check real carefully. I just took a quick look at the J Thomas catalog and the part numbers are totally different, even though the dimensions are similar. For that matter, not all Meyer cylinders or Western cylinders are interchangable with each other...
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Cylinder Differance

As long as the length is the same you could use them, but just so you know the mounting holes on the Meyer cylinders are 5/8" and the fittings are located on the top. The mounting holes on a new style Western are 3/4" with the fittings on the sides. Old style Westerns mounting holes were 1". So you could have a loose fit and hose that would have to be adapted if they are not the same as what you already have. :rolleyes: John

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

tanks for all the info